Turkcell chose to engage Vega for enterprise architecture assistance based upon their depth of practical P8 implementation experience.
Turkcell (NYSE:TKC) is the largest cellular provider in Turkey with over 30 Million subscribers and an annual revenue of $3.4 billion. Founded in 1994, Turkcell has experienced explosive growth and with that came a windfall of content.
In order to manage content in the enterprise, Turkcell chose to leverage FileNet P8 product suite. An effort was undertaken to migrate data from their substantial existing content repositories (SharePoint Portal applications and shared network folders) to IBM FileNet P8. Turkcell approaches challenges from an enterprise perspective. An effort was underway to provide a knowledge portal to all employees allowing fast, effective and secure discovery and access to data. P8, as the enterprise content standard, was to support the knowledge management portal in a seamless and practical manner.
Turkcell chose to engage Vega for enterprise architecture assistance based upon their depth of practical P8 implementation experience. Vega worked closely with the very capable Turkcell IT team to create a clear roadmap to meet the following goals:
- Content classifications, storage methods and security were reviewed to ensure implementation of a security model that can grow with the company, yet remain flexible and effective for each business role.
- Best practices input on how to best integrate P8 technologies into the Turkcell Knowledge Management portal. This involved the practical aspects of rapid delivery, future extensibility, and business role usability and ergonomics.
- A review of the current infrastructure and suggested changes to improve scalability, high availability and disaster recovery
- A review of the use of Business Process Management in Turkcell.
- Proper methods of packaging and deploying applications in an enterprise.
- Best practices for project scoping, team structures, and implementation methodology.
Vega and Turkcell enjoy a mutually beneficial partnership, and Turkcell has enjoyed extended growth supported by this key infrastructure component.
Sorry! No About Author Shortcode Found.